Marv is a former nationally ranked player and has earned a 'Master Professional' rating, the highest possible certification in the 'United States Professional Tennis Association' (USPTA). Marv served on the 'USTA National Tennis Center Committee' and more recently, has expanded his teaching accreditation to the 'United States Professional Tennis Registry' (USPTR).
In January 2000, Marv Benzing was honored by the USPTA Eastern Division as "1999 Volunteer of the Year". In 1998, Tennis Industry Magazine voted Marv a "Great American Hero". In 1997, the Cerebral Palsy Center of Bergen County, honored Marv with a "Community Service Award" for his many years of service at the C.P. Center's Annual Gala.
Roy is the Director of Tennis at the Maywood Tennis Club.
Please e-mail Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 201-843-2022 to schedule a free tryout for you or your children for group lessons, private lessons or for doubles play.
Roy has taught and trained nationally ranked Juniors playing national tournaments as well as many adults playing in the Bergen County Women's League and the USTA Summer League.
Roy is a long time Maywoodian and graduated from Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida.
Kai’s teaching experience spans different continents starting in the United Kingdom. His first stint in the profession of tennis was a Junior Developer. His passion in teaching and developing talented children brought him to Asia where he taught in Hong Kong for 4 years. He then moved to the Philippines to work as personal coach to a nationally ranked player aside form handling clinics and camps for kids. He currently works with High Performance players as well as organizing the Summer Camp. He is a Certified USPTR , USPTA and British Lawn Tennis Association Professional.
Erik Wuehler is an Alumni of the graduate professional tennis management program at Ferris State. His accomplishments include Bergen County Hard courts Champion of 1994 and 1995 and Bergen County Indoor Champion of 1996 and 1998. He is USPTA and USPTR affiliated.
Steve Frankel has been a Tri-state area tennis instructor for the past 25 years. After graduating from Monmouth University as a three-time conference winner, Steve continued his tennis career competing in local and international tournaments.
- JJ Gramatica is a USPTA Certified Coach with over 10 years of experience.
- The son of Nestor Gramatica Sr;, who was a former number one professional tennis player in Thailand.
- A top singles & doubles player at Saint Peter's University:
- Played 1st Singles Varsity at Dover & Columbia High School (2002-2006).
- A top junior player in USTA Level 1 Eastern Division in Boy's 12s; 14s; 16s & 18s.
- Represented Eastern Division for Boy's 12s & Under Zonals (2000) in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- He is also the Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) organizer at Maywood Tennis Club.
Hisham Abaza is an Elite USPTA Certified professional, including Cardio Tennis and 10 & Under Tennis. A member of Maywood Tennis Club since 2018, with over 20 years of tennis teaching experience, and an extensive sports background including expertise in tennis, soccer, volleyball, and fitness training. He teaches all age groups and skill levels.
- He has coached players to more than 11 ITF pro titles & numerous junior trophies.
- A traveling tennis coach with professional players & top American junior competitors.
- Served as Director & Head Pro of the Deerfield Beach, Florida Tennis Complex.
- Mentored by Master Professional Rick Macci for over 15 years.